Maybelline Diamond Glow Eye Shadow 04 Ocean Blue- Review & EOTD:

Hello Ladies,

From the day I have started my blog, I have been posting about all great products, but now it’s time to know about a product which has really disappointed me from the day I have purchased it.



About Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow 04 Ocean Blue:

Glow you eyes with diamonds with the creamiest powder shadow ever launched by Maybelline NY!
The most glowing diamond effect in 4 simple steps
Exclusive technology with gem-like sparkles that do not crush

Price: 450 INR

Quantity: 2.5g



My experience with Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow 04 Ocean Blue:

Packaging: I love the packaging, it’s rectangular in shape with black base with silver outline and transparent cover. The quality is great and looks very chic and sturdy. Inside, it’s divided into 4 parts having the four shades and a dual ended applicator, one end has a big sponge and the other has a smaller sponge. The applicator is of great quality and very efficient.





Shades: It has four shades, 1 highlighter color, 2 medium colors and 1 accent color. The highlighter shade is pearly white with minute shimmers in it, the medium shades are sky blue in color, one a bit darker than the other and the accent shade is dark navy blue with silver and blue shimmers in it. All the 4 shades have good amount of shimmer in them and maybe that’s the reason Maybelline has named it Diamond Glow.



Texture, Pigmentation & Staying Power: I never thought that these quads will be so poor in texture and pigmentation and also in the staying power part.



The 3 light shades are horrible in all the three points and have a tremendous fall out during application. They are very powdery in texture. The dark blue shade is the only one which is better among the four. It doesn’t have fallout and is pigmented too. The staying power though is horrible.

As you can see in my hand swatch, I have wiped with a finger and the eye shadow is gone, even in my eotd, the fallout is very much visible all around the eye area.



Pros of Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow 04 Ocean Blue:
  • Superb stylish packaging
  • Great quality applicator

 Cons of Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow 04 Ocean Blue:
  • Fall out
  • Powdery texture
  • Low in pigmentation
  • Less staying power
  • Can spoil the eye make up

Rating: 2/5 (points given only keeping the packaging in mind)

Final Thoughts: I had never expected a dud from Maybelline.

Will I re-purchase and will recommend?

No please, may be the other shades will be better but the texture and all is just horrible.


Love,
Navneet.










Comments

  1. great review ....I got this palette ... its awesome . The dark color is super pigmented n love it !
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shreya.only the dark color is nice but i find other light shades very powderry.
      Thats good that u loved the palette
      Thnx

      Delete
  2. I used to own another shade in this range and that was horrible too. Totally agreed there Nav

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely EOTD Nav Nice Review :)
    Happy Weekend dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Bad This Is Such an Average Palette From Such a Good Brand.. EOTD is Very Pretty Though!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops sad it didn't work.. But Nice EOTD :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the eotd! sad its not a grt product :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely EOTD and nice review but I guess I will give it a miss, as a student I prefer long lasting makeup products, sad wouldn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajshree, u can go for the Maybelline color tattoos.They are the best

      Delete
  8. Nice review dear :) .. Thank god I didn't purchased it - was planning to - I will stick with the Tattoos ;)
    Lovely eye swatch <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exactly Vipra, eye tattoos are the best and affordable too.
    Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..pretty eotd navneet..sad its nt a great palette
    nice review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts